Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tag!


I knit.

I just want to get that out there. I started on a whim after seeing how much my sister enjoyed crocheting. And she picked up this hobby on a whim after my husband and I bought her a "Learn to Crochet" DVD that we found in a clearance aisle. It was supposed to be a joke, but she loved it. Anyway. It looked like such fun that I took a knitting class. I'm not great, but I'm OK, and I really enjoy it.

Not long ago, I joined Ravelry, which has amazing forums that have ironically consumed the free time that I used to use to knit. However, the website alerted me to the delightful knitting competition Dish Rag Tag. Nine other knitters and I are on a team competing against others in a relay race across the country to knit a dish rag and send the dish rag along with a fresh skein of yarn to the next participant.

I believe I'm about two people away from receiving the baton -- er, box -- in the mail and completing my leg.

Making knitting competitive? Brilliant!

Our group is named Chronicles of Yarnia. We are in it to win it. Fear us.





1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

You are so right, Sara!
FEAR US!! _giggles_

We can win!! Go, Yarnia, Go!!