Wednesday, August 05, 2009

It's like the Sahara


Ugh. I've already failed on one resolution. My plants would be better off if I left them in the desert, I swear. This includes my husband's family's heirloom Christmas cactus from the Mother Country. Why they entrusted it to us, I'll never know. I keep hoping some long-lost last will and testament will be discovered and we'll learn that the cactus was supposed to go to Great Aunt Tilly with her green thumb and sunny verandas, not the Planticide household. Until then, it stays with us, since we were the ones who unofficially inherited it and we can't find any other family members who want to take on the responsibility. Believe me. We've tried.

2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I'm a black thumb when it comes to plants:)Hugs Darcy

Sara said...

What's really scary is the layer of dust on that poor plant. Black thumb, and an indifferent housekeeper! That's me!