Monday, March 13, 2006

Help for the hopeless

So I'm a TiVo gal. Don't have one? Go get one, ASAP. No, really. I'll wait.


So now that you've got one, you'll probably want to save some of your favorite shows forever and ever, my precioussss. TiVo lets you do that with TiVoToGo, where you can send programs to your computer and then burn them onto DVD. Sounds pretty sweet, right? The problem is that the officially recommended software, MyDVD, doesn't, um, work. It's a huge hair-pulling, gut-clenching pain in my non-techno-savvy neck.

A possible solution came to me today from a very nice man at TiVo support, who told me off-the-record and very hush-hush that I should by no means use MyDVD. Instead, he recommended I use Cheetah to burn my DVDs once I get my shows onto my computer.

My optimistic heart beats a little faster. Let's hear it for Cheetah and its magical (I hope!) ability to solve my burning problem! If you've had this same problem, check them out for yourself: www.cheetahburner.com

Here's hoping I saved you the half-hour you might have had to spend with TiVo support.

No comments: